Wednesday, December 12, 2018

My First Time Qualifying for the Track & Field State Meet

My sophomore year was the year I would finally complete my middle school dream of making it to the high school state meet. I was running on the 4x400 and Rocori has a very successful past with this particular race, so you can guess my excitement  as I see my teammate running toward me on the track. I was the second runner, receiving the baton from my friend Carley. Not a single nerve was in my system, I raced on pure adrenaline and happiness coursing through my veins. When I finished my one lap, I knew my time was going to be one of my best times of the season. Passing off the baton to the undefeated 400 meter runner, Brynn Saur, also gave me some confidence that we would win this race. Seeing my own sister as our anchor runner, and being able to experience this all with her on my team just made this all that much more sweeter. Going up on the awards stand, and having that blue medal placed around my neck, was a very surreal moment just because it's something I've been envisioning since I was very young. My track season also endured many ups and downs, so having all the blood sweat, and tears actually pay off for once was a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  My Final Farewell Post My Favorite Blog Post: 1. Runner Gift Ideas Post 2.  My Year of Running Review Post 3. Motivational Quote...