Friday, January 18, 2019


     Powerful Quote Post

     Running is a mental battle just as much as a physical one. Positive thoughts is vital during a long run where your body is basically constantly wanting to stop. You almost need to retrain your brain to not view running as a punishment. In this culture running is such a negative mindset, but when I'm going into my runs I simply remind myself how lucky I am that I have the means and health to be able to go on runs for fun. Especially being a competitive runner, you have so many rivals in every race, having yourself on your side at least might be helpful. During a race I find myself second guessing my training, thoughts of not being good enough to run with certain people, and overall insecurities. All of my strongest races are when I felt the most confident going into the race. I focus on my strengths instead of my weaknesses. Overall just remember why your doing it, and have fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

  My Final Farewell Post My Favorite Blog Post: 1. Runner Gift Ideas Post 2.  My Year of Running Review Post 3. Motivational Quote...